Sunday, October 5, 2008

Life

I'm supposed to be cleaning the house right now, but I decided to take a break to do a new post. Josh and I have been working ourselves so much that we seem to have worn ourselves thin. Me with working extra hours, taking care of home repairs, house upkeep, grocery shopping, and taking care of our zoo. Josh with work, school finals, home repairs, pool maintenance and also caring for our zoo. We've gotten tired lately. Our marriage has grown to the next phase where instead of having excessive physical affection to express, we're just fall down in an exhausted heap together. Happy that at least we're together.

Though Josh had to work this weekend, we managed to make a quick get away to Tarpon Springs on Saturday for a lunch date. We ate at a lovely little Greek restaurant, right off the water. Our time there was reminiscent of when we had the time and the freedom to play earlier this year. It was also a good reminder to, whatever happens, make sure we both take a few minutes just to play together, and enjoy being together.


This would be me, making the stupidest face possible for the camera. This has become a common occurrence.
Here is Josh, rejoicing over the bed of lamb meat before him.

I must say that I married well. Despite how worn out we get, Josh still makes me smile. I am happy to be married to him.

The chaotic schedule of life lately has made me aware of how often we forget about the blessings in our life, just because we get too busy to think about them. I'm praying that even though I'm busy, I don't get too busy to thank God for every day that Josh and I have together....and that I don't forget to enjoy the little things, as well as the big things.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel the same, babe! I am very happy that you feel you married well. I know that God gave me the best He had, and I couldn't be happier with my mate. I don't know why He gave the best to me, but I am thankful, nonetheless! I love you so much!