Monday, July 21, 2008

Weekend Fun

Josh and I decided to make up for lost weekends all in one weekend. Saturday, we loaded up and made the drive to Venice beach. Along the way, we just had to stop at an aquarium to see Snooty, the manatee celebrating his 60th birthday. After saying happy birthday to Snooty, and getting my picture taken with a strange guy and a bird, we headed on to Venice Beach.Upon arrival, the weather was absolutely beautiful, without a single rain cloud in the sky. We quickly donned our snorkel gear and set out for some shark tooth hunting. During my snorkel, I came across what I swear was a baby black tip shark. Josh still doesn't believe me, but I've never seen a normal fish look like that. I followed it for a bit to get a closer look, then decided I'd rather not be anywhere near anything that might be a shark, so I headed back inland.

I hit the shark tooth jackpot at a narrow strip of shoreline, but had to fight off nibbling fish to get the teeth. When our backs were sufficiently red, Josh and I met on shore to compare our finds. I found the biggest tooth of the day!
Then our camera battery died, so I didn't get any pics of Josh. So, we headed home.

Sunday, we headed to the dog beach, and picked up our neighbor Shannon, and her two dogs, George and Gunner along the way. Ben, Ty and Joe were very happy to see that their dog friends were joining them on a trip to the beach.

Shannon was kind enough to bring along her Sunpass for the toll booths. Here is Josh, finally going through the Sunpass lane!
Fun Florida Fact: You get fined $1,000 if you go through a toll without paying.
After some good time in the sun and water, we headed back home. Shannon was stuck in the back with 5 very wet, salty, and exhausted dogs. George got the energy up to strike a cute pose for the camera.

We dropped Shannon off at her house, and then wound down for a relaxing end to our weekend. And then Monday came!!! Ahhhh!!!!







3 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

Nice looking shirt Regis, too bad you can't see more of the logo though.

KelliOnSaipan said...

Cool - sounds like a very fun weekend. I want to go shark tooth hunting, too!

KelliOnSaipan said...

Oh my gosh! I think the bird guy is the very same old guy that was at Holiday Isle in the Keys. He was making woven palm leaf hats.