Thursday, July 3, 2008

Captain Jack Sparrow

It has been quite a while since I updated my blog, because Josh and I have been really busy with life in general. Now that I find myself at the start of a 3 day weekend, I figured I better sit down and post something new.

In the last week, we have installed a dog door. The dogs are very happy about that, and so is a little kitten named Captain Jack Sparrow, an indoor cat with garage/outdoor potential.

We are providing shelter to this little kitten, until I rule out how my allergies do with him. If I get into too much trouble, he will have to stay on the other side of the dog door, or find a new home. In the meantime, I'm having a lot of fun playing with him. Below is a pic of the day he came into our house.
Since being separated from his litter, he adopted our dogs as his new litter. I think he really must think he's a puppy. He plays with the dogs, and will curl up to them when it's time for a cat nap.
He must have been a very hungry kitten from the start, because whenever I'm cooking, he picks up the scent a mile away, and rushes to join me in the kitchen. He eats everything, from bread to cheese. Oh, and cookies. I baked a big batch of cookies for the neighbors, which attracted the poor, starving kitten into the kitchen. Jack wouldn't stop meowing until he has been given his fair share.
After he has pillaged our kitchen, he licks his lips and his expression reads "Pirate". Instead of coming to commandeer a ship, he has come to commandeer our kitchen.

That's Jack Sparrow...I mean Captain Jack Sparrow.


1 comment:

KelliOnSaipan said...

Awe - Captain Jack Sparrow is so cute! I bet he will do well with the cat door. Just put his box outside. I have our litter box outside the door for the kittens, that way they can poo rain or shine, but not in my house!