Saturday, April 26, 2008

Venice Beach

Josh and I just got back home from Venice Beach, where we had a shark tooth hunt competition. In the end, I came out with 10 more shark teeth than Josh. Ha! Though, I'll admit, I only got a few big teeth. The rest weren't that impressive. Josh did manage to get some good sized teeth in his collection. Below, is a pic of me at Venice Beach, with my trusty ziplock bag, ready to fill it up with shark teeth. Oh, and if you noticed that I lost some weight, it's only because I've been running like 5 billion miles a day on a regular basis. That's a sick hobby that I'll have to write about another day. lol

Though the hunt was on for shark teeth, Josh initially emerged from the water with a crab, instead. (and some really nice biceps :)

Once satisfied with the lobster shade of red on our backs, we decided to take a break from hunting shark teeth, and explore the nature trail at Venice Beach. We were in for a treat. We stumbled upon a very pretty cove, with a friendly and very curious bird, kind enough to let us photograph him.

Just as I was about to leave the cove, I noticed something really strange in the water. I was trying to make out what it was. An alligator? Maybe a mysterious sea creature? Oh, wait, it's Josh!

We continued our journey, walking through a field of pretty wild flowers. Of course, I just had to pick one and give it to Josh. It made him real pretty!



But, the fun was just starting, for we happened upon a playground!!!!
Like my ship?

We ended our evening with dinner at the Green Iguana. A beautiful end to a beautiful day!








2 comments:

Bill Vanderbush said...

What a fun wonderful day. I love it that you're making the most of the amazing state you live in. Traci and I are inspired. We're going to go on a rattle snake hunt later and maybe take a dip in the lake by the Decker power plant and after that go look for gold teeth in the gutters of east Austin. Thanks for the hint with the plastic baggies. That beats bare hands any day. Hawaii was nice. Since I lost my tan my thighs look like the hood of a white chevy after a hail storm. On that note, feed your poor husband and get him some dark tanning oil.

KelliOnSaipan said...

Looks like an awesome day. I love days like that. And I have fun posting them on my blog, too. Keep it up, I'm really enjoying sharing your lives via blogs.