Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Beauty


Venice Beach


I decided to write about pretty things....things that make me happy....things that make me feel alive. Being surrounded by so much beauty is something I can't even begin to take for granted, and I hope that I never get to the point where I can ignore all that is around me.

Passion Flower (from our backyard)

One experience that I hope to repeat soon, was swimming with the manatees at Crystal River. In our little swimming adventure, we followed a vein of water that emptied out into the most tranquil, beautiful cove. On the way to the cove, manatee families would pass just beneath me, pulling themselves along the sandy bottom. Time seemed to stand still. Tears built up in my eyes as I looked through the crystal clear waters, at the massive tree roots on each side of me. The boulders beneath me sparkled, and schools of fish were dotting past me here and there. I knew I had lost all perception of time, and thought of just how wonderful Heaven must be.


Crystal River




Ft. DeSoto Dog Beach


Trips to the dog beach are always a treat, too. Something I really look forward to. It's not beyond the dogs to enjoy God's beauty, so then what is our excuse, as humans?






































1 comment:

KelliOnSaipan said...

Awesome post! Thanks, Mom