Saturday, May 31, 2008

Fun Weekend in St. Pete

Today, we visited the weekend street market in down town St. Petersburg. St. Pete is a very dog friendly town, so we loaded up our all too eager dogs and headed out. Along the way, we passed some picturesque views of St. Pete waterfront.


You can find just about anything at the street market, from plants for your garden, herbs, pottery, gourmet dog treats, imported teas, upscale quality bakery items, orchid stems, bamboo stems, fresh squeezed orange juice, and freshly cut pineapple. On the way to the market, Josh picked up a scent and became serious about his driving.


Upon arrival, it was confirmed that his nose served him right. It was Thai food! Josh was a very happy man when he sat down to eat his lunch. I wasn't hungry, so I enjoyed a glass of wonderful Thai Iced Tea instead. Ben, Ty, and Joe were happy to eat the ice from my tea. And, yes, I took a picture of Josh's food. lol
After finishing up at the street market, we took the dogs to a dog park. There were no dogs at the down town dog park, so Josh and I made a quick stop by Starbucks, and then headed to another dog park. Thankfully there were dogs at the second park. Ben, Ty, and Joe had quite a long and exhausting day. Here is Ben in the car, ready to go home and take a nap.
When we finally made it home, the animals crashed out on the couch with me. Quagmire, the guinea pig was content to cuddle with me, after I bribed him with a carrot. The dogs, guinea pig and I were happy to settle in for a relaxing evening on the couch.
And then Joe had to get some love from "Daddy" before settling in for a long nap.

The night ended by joining the neighbors for dinner, and going for a walk, so now we're ready to crash like Joe.



2 comments:

Harry Blalock said...

Josh & his Thai food. I hope he ordered it super spicy. I can still remember listening to him complain about it being just as hot coming out as it was going in, but of course that never stopped him from doing it again. I hope he didn't wipe his eyes and get the hot pepper in them, that's usually not much fun either. Thanks for the awesome posts Regis.

KelliOnSaipan said...

Great post,Regis. Thanks for the Thai food picture - it looks like it was good Thai food. Joe made me laugh out loud. Poor tired dogs. It looks like you all had a great weekend. I miss you guys!