Monday, May 19, 2008

So Long Vacation

Today, I woke up earlier, exercised earlier, and started going about the tasks of life earlier than usual. All of this, was done in preparation for my first day at my new job. The thought of getting a paycheck once again makes me smile. I welcome the opportunity to challenge my brain, which has seemingly digressed into a million pieces from not having been used in a while.

Everything about today, sends off the unmistakable message that vacation is over. While I could view that as disappointment, I feel anticipation instead. Anticipation to get back to the task of pounding out another billion miles on the treadmill, taking care of the house, doing laundry and all that stuff. I find comfort in knowing that I'm working on what God gave me. A satisfaction that horribly lazy people will never understand is the feeling of effort, rewarded.

Every good thing in life takes effort to maintain. Thank you Brit and Steve for putting forth the effort to come visit Josh and I. I am left with many happy memories, and am looking forward to next time.

Tarpon Springs

Tarpon Aquarium

Steve, Brit & Kate at Crystal River

Gator's


Sister Time on Reddington Beach


Josh and I at The Hut


Kate being Kate

1 comment:

KelliOnSaipan said...

It looks like it was a really nice visit. You all have some great memories together. Enjoy your new job. We miss you.