Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Sister to Visit

Left to Right- Britany, me, Traci (sisters)


Britany is my middle sister. We are close in age, so she frequently played the part of my co-conspirator during childhood. I have good memories of dying our feet in cool aid. Also of sneaking to the creek behind our school for a swim while waiting for my Mom to pick us up from school. Upon Mom's arrival to pick us up, Britany was ever faithful to stick to the story that we hadn't done anything....despite the fact that we were standing there dripping wet, and Britany was missing a shoe. Good times! Also, she once assisted in carrying out an evil plan: scooping used cat litter into a brown paper bag, tying it by a string to our swing set and telling the neighbor boy that it was a pinata. Yeah, we were bad, but it was soooo funny. After the boy busted the bag and ran home crying, Britany and I ran inside our house and hid in the closet afraid that the boy's dad would soon be over for a visit.

Britany was also the one that gave me a thorough critique of every guy I ever brought around. The first day she met Josh she kept telling me "I like him". "He's cute". "He's really nice". " Josh had her vote from day one.

And then, there is my sister Traci. A Pastor's wife. A loving mother. A girl who once sold tea leaves rolled in paper to kids dumb enough to buy them at her high school. Traci is cute, and very funny. She just needed a little extra money during her high school years. Probably because Britany and I wouldn't stay out of her closet, running around in her high heels while she was away from home. lol

Traci also has a distinct component of her personality that sets her apart from the rest of the crowd. She loves to make up dumb songs, and will sing them whenever and where ever she is. This includes singing songs about going to the bathroom while the stall of a public restroom. I still remember the "I'm so glad I got rid of my pee pee, Thank God I got rid of my pee pee" song. She has also been known to write with a permanent marker on her husband's tidy whiteys.

Somehow, we all manage to look innocent :)

The photo was taken in mid February this year at my Parent's. Yes, they still had their Christmas tree up for multiple reasons. lol

Anyway, I will be picking up my sister Britany from the airport tomorrow. She and my bro in law, and niece will be here for vacation. New pics, and blogs about our adventures are coming soon.




1 comment:

KelliOnSaipan said...

Great post! I'm looking forward to the vacation stories. Wow, and I thought I had naughty sister stories - HA!